Facts About Chris
- Learned computers on the job from 1988 to 2003 (back from the days of DOS 2.0)
- Born and raised in Toronto, he moved to Waterloo in 1999
- 2001 Totalled is week old 98′ Corolla when it rolled off the 401 (black ice!)
- 2002 Graduated TriOS College Network Engineer program with Honors
- Certified in CompTIA A+, Network+ and Microsoft Professional
- In 2011 Chris published an ebook on Amazon “The Paperless Office”
- July 2012 became a first time Daddy! Everyday his little girl Jillian makes his day!
- The amount of random movie knowledge he has is uncanny!
- Loves anything Spider-man!
Chris Davis: Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Polarverse IT Services is one of Waterloo Region’s Preferred Managed IT Services Providers. Specializing in small businesses of 10 to 30 computers with 1 to 2 servers.
Who is Chris Davis and why do so many of his clients never look back after using his services?
There is no doubt about it: Chris has built a raving-fan, loyal client base that stretches all the way back to his humble beginnings as an independent contractor in 2003.
Chris’ Top Areas of Expertise:
- Automating service deliveries for common issues to fix themselves.
- Crafting highly effective network administration models to keep computer systems in peak performance.
- Cultivating extremely powerful partnerships with vendors, manufactures and service companies to make Polarverse a one stop shop.
Working with Polarverse you can expect:
- Live People and Fast Response. Your call will be answered live and/or returned within 60 minutes or less. No delays for hours or even days. We can fix most problems remotely within minutes and if not, we will send a specialist on-site to take care of the issue.
- Customer Service. We work hard to maintain client loyalty and satisfaction. Matter of fact, after more than a decade, the very first clients to join us when our doors opened are still clients.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Complete satisfaction with our products and services. That is our commitment to you. No hassles, no problems.
- Save thousands of dollars on HR Costs, salaries, taxes, and benefits We are far less expensive than hiring a full-time IT guy. Just run the numbers. By outsourcing your computer support to us, we’ll be giving you the expertise and experience of an entire IT Department.
- We provide business solutions to business problems. We don’t try to sell you the latest gadget – instead – we listen to your business problem and offer strategies to resolve the ROOT of the problem.
- Keys to the Kingdom. Each of our clients has access to their network information, their passwords, and configuration information. This information is updated on a regular basis to account for any changes and is done transparently. It is YOUR business and YOUR network. Having complete knowledge and documentation is essential to protecting your business.
- Accurate Billing. You’ll know exactly what you are paying for, no more one-line “mystery” bills that don’t outline what you are paying for. Every bill you receive from us is guaranteed to be accurate and detailed.
- A complete technology solution provider. 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in the Waterloo Region.
Chris started his business in April 2003 as an independent contract for a local support company, in July 2004 he started his own company, originally named The Computer Doctor which became Polarverse IT Services in January 2010. Chris started his company because he didn’t think the small business environment was getting a fair shake and he wanted to change all that!
In 2013 Chris reinvented Polarverse as a Managed Services Provider (MSP) and stopped providing break-fix services and phased out residential service to concentrate more on small business support. Since 2013 Chris has also added cloud services (adding options for storage, email, etc). Polarverse clients are now more proactive.
In 2015 Chris moved Polarverse operations out of his home and into shared office space in Uptown Waterloo, offloading basic administrative work and reception duties to onsite staff.
What’s up Chris’ sleeve next? Well not much because he favors short sleeves but he’s been developing a “super service” called Ultra360 that will streamline Polarverse IT support and make his clients’ networks super-fast and efficient!